Comfort Food: White Sauce Pasta with Chicken Salami
- 500 gm Fucilli
- 4 tablespoons of Amul butter
- 1 L Amul Taza Toned Milk (tetra pack)
- 1 Amul Cheese Slice
- 6 slices of chicken salami
- Salt and Black Pepper (according to taste)
- 2 tablespoon flour
For the Pasta:
- Take a big pot, fill it with water, add pasta with one teaspoon of salt and a dash of olive oil
- Put it on the stove with gas on full. (you can start working on the sauce, after this step to save time!)
- When the water comes to a boil, simmer the gas and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Check with a fork to see whether the pasta is cooked or not, if cooked, turn off the gas; if not, then let it stay on the gas till the pasta is cooked.
- Drain the pasta and keep it aside.
For the sauce:
- Take a pan, add 3 tablespoons of butter and let it melt.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour and mix it with butter until smooth.
- Add 1/3rd of the milk into the pan, stirring continuously.
- Add salt and black pepper according to taste.
- Once the sauce thickens, add 1/3rd more milk and try to smoothen out the lumps.
- When it thickens again, turn off the gas.
- If lumps are present, strain the sauce.
- Take another pan and cook your 6 pieces of chicken salami on it, when both sides are light-brownish, take them off the heat and cut into small pieces.
- Add these to your sauce and mix well.
- Put your sauce back on the gas, add a cheese slice (tear it into small pieces), 1 tablespoon butter and remaining milk. You can add more black pepper and salt, if it needs to be added.
- Thicken the sauce to the consistency that best suits you.
- Add pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Your pasta is ready to eat!
This pairs really well with Jacob Creek’s Classic Chardonnay!
If anyone tries this recipe, let me know how it goes!